Tuesday, October 14, 2008

You Know What I'd Like To See?

Solidarity.

Unity.

Utusan just published a short 'so-called fictional' story about a MP (obviously Teresa Kok) who gets killed for being anti-Islam and anti-Malay. I read it with great distaste.

Obviously the publishers have no ethics, no conscience and a disgusting liking for character assassination. But that's nothing new, is it?

Just yesterday, I was talking to a friend who works for one of the state councillors. He was telling me that some of the local suraus in their constitution are pulling some sort of trick again. Something akin to the whole Teresa Kok humdinger. And obviously, it's all blown out of proportion in the Malay dailies.

You know what gets me? It really never ceases to amaze me how these 'defenders of Islam' are so similar all around the world. When the Taliban was getting whupped by the US Army, they issued broadcasts proclaiming glorious victories. Same scenario in Iraq. And right here in Malaysia, some few of these 'defenders of Islam' proliferate. What great men you are, hiding behind the excuse of defending your religion to hurl barbed accusations at your opponents.

And in all of this, where is MCA's bravado? Where is Gerakan's muscle? The 'show' that they put on in 'defending' the rights of the non-Malays seems to be nothing more than a facade, doesn't it?

So tell me, who has shown unity so far? BN? Haha. They have about as much unity as a bald man has hair. When Teresa was accused, it was a Malay lady from PAS who came to help. MCA? Gerakan? Woefully silent. But I do like the fact that this lady (I'm sorry I can't remember her name) reached across the racial barrier to help out another person.

I know this is not being written very well. I'm still very disgusted at the short story I just read, which you can find here.

Anyway, what I would really like to see is Malaysians reaching across the cultural and racial divides that set us apart. I would love to see our beloved Malay brothers and sisters rise up and condemn the racial acts the Government is churning out. I assure you, if you could read and understand the Chinese dailies, you would see very little love for Gerakan and MCA. I believe the Indians have been vocal enough against MIC.

No we don't want to take over the country. This country is Malaysia, and it will forever be, not China or India. Don't buy the lies of the Government who say that we will take more and more and leave our Malay brothers and sisters behind in the mud. You guys are better than that. You don't need the coddling they're giving you (which is also enriching themselves at the same time).

Stand up and be counted. I know so many of our Malay brothers already reject UMNO and their racial ways. Just like how so many of us reject MCA and their spineless ways. What's left to be done is the joining of hands across races. Across cultures. Across languages. Across skin colours and long or short names. Across the racial barriers this maggot-riddled, selfish and arrogant Government has strived to place between us for so long.

Another thing that makes me wonder. Any sane person who reads the papers and the blogs, or sees with their own eyes what's going on, would surely be able to see just what a shame the Government is. They praise Malaysia and curse Singapore, and yet they seem so intent on destroying the country the way they stir up racial hatred. Have you ever been to a Biro Tatanegara course? My sister has, and I tell you, it is rotten to the core. It is so racist it's even amusing. A question was asked during the course; PAS has said that they can win enough seats to form the Government (or smth like that). A) PAS is lying, B) PAS is trying to trick more people into voting for them, C) PAS is stirring up trouble. And I cant remember wat D) was. But it was absurd to the point of imbecility. Not to mention hilarious of course.

So, back to the point. How do these people face their families and friends? How do they face their kids? What kind of a country are they sculpting for their kids? Do they really believe they are doing what's right for the country? Defending Islam?

Forgive me if I sound sarcastic or cynical (I still haven't found out the difference between both). I actually am pretty disturbed after reading that article.

Unity

Solidarity

Hope

May God help us to look past our differences, cuz a whole lot of people (read UMNO) sure seem hell bent on making sure all we see are our differences.

No comments: